How do you design the best mobile app for your business? What features should you include? What are your consumers’ top priorities? There are so many questions that need answers and so many things to consider, before you begin. Our Vancouver App Developers have put together some great ideas to get you started on building the best app for your business.
When considering the amount of thought and planning goes into building an app, it can be daunting and overwhelming to say the least. We are here to help you break down the steps into a few, simplified processes that can help you achieve the best app for your users.
Start With Your Vision & Goals
- Develop your strategy and plan; ask yourself what you want your app to do for your consumers
- Identify your target audience and realize their needs
- Figure out how your app will solve consumer needs and how it will bring value to the market
- Align this all with your overall business plan
After you identify the above points, switch your focus to creating goals. A list of (attainable) goals helps in a few areas, such as projected timelines and actionable items along your mobile app journey. Here are a few examples of a strategy for your list of goals:
- Optimizing content for mobile devices
- Identifying and solving customer needs
- Create brand awareness
Identify Features for your Mobile App
You should definitely start thinking about your features with the most important one in mind: “what is the number one thing I want my app to accomplish, and how is this valuable to my customers?” When you’re in the planning process, it’s very important to prioritize and limit the number of features, making sure you pay attention to the most valuable ones to ensure success within your app.
- Create a list of everything you need for the app to run smoothly, while covering all bases within your business.
- Start whittling down your list as you see fit, making sure you keep the most important aspects and cutting some of the less important features.
- Create a hierarchy of features and what needs to be focused on first, what features can be incorporated later, and which ones to be removed entirely.
- As your app progresses you may find the need to introduce new features and cut ones you may have thought were important in the beginning
- Keep learning and growing with your app, and revise the feature list as often as needed to design a thoughtful and intuitive app
Once you have determined you list of must-have features, make sure to take into account the following questions to further identify the top features needed within your app:
- Consumer wants vs. Consumer needs – introducing too many user- requested functions can weigh your app down. It’s important to focus on the needs first, making sure your app is sticking true to your primary objectives, vision and goals.
- Future Features – align your feature list with what you need to get your app off the ground, and into the app store. Making sure that you keep “wish-list” features at bay until you reach a certain number of users to make them useful.
- Consumer Feedback – another key factor in the decision making process is insight from your users. Making sure you are listening to your consumer base, and implementing useful feedback can be one of the most important steps in your design process.
These ideas are just the beginning, check our next post for a continuation on this list and how to build the very best app for your business. If you’re interested in taking the first steps to discuss a mobile application for your business, visit the Contact section of our website. Our Vancouver App Development team would love to chat about how we can turn your idea into a reality. At Vog we build more than apps, we build businesses.